ELA Test Operation Route – Phase 2 & 3
The route is designed specifically for community engagement with the shuttle operating adjacent to one of the highest utilized walking paths in the city.
ELA will be boarding passengers at 4 points along the identified route:
Stop 1: Ken Nichol
- Boarding zone will be in front of the Ken Nichol Arena, on 50th Street, adjacent to the east side of the road travelling north.
Stop 2: City Hall
- Boarding zone will be outside City Hall, adjacent to the east side of the road travelling north.
STOP 3: 50 Street at the Home Hardware Pedestrian Crosswalk
- Boarding zone will be north of the crosswalk ensuring visibility of both traffic and passengers disembarking ELA.
STOP 4: Coloniale Way
- Boarding zone will be located on Coloniale Way, just west of 50th Street
All boarding zones will be marked with signage to communicate authorized stop locations to passengers utilizing the service.
|ELA Operational Schedule||Time|
|Thursday to Monday||Morning Start Time 11:30 AM-2:30 PM|
|Thursday to Monday||Afternoon Start Time 3:30 PM-6:30 PM|
SPECIAL EVENT OPERATING HOURS:
During certain community events, ELA will operate on a modified schedule:
- SAE Event: ELA will be closed for the SAE Event on September 19, 2019
RIMS Canada Conference: ELA will be temporarily unavailable in Beaumont this September 8th & 9th, 2019.
Safety is of the utmost concern during the operation of this pilot; the pilot site will be marked with signage indicating the Autonomous Vehicle trial is active and underway. ELA will be staffed with an operator to ensure adequate support for vehicle operations.
SKIP THE LINE AND BOOK ONLINE!
We allow 5 advance bookings per-ride, however, the shuttle can hold up to 12 passengers. If all bookings are full for your desired date, please feel free to come as a walk-on during regular operating hours.
Advance bookings are available at Stop 1 & Stop 4. Trip duration is approximately 10 mins, one way.